- Pay Rate:
Up to £12.69 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3- 4 months
- Abingdon, Oxford,
Temporary Payments and Systems Data Support Officer x2
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5220046
Pay Rate: Up to £12.69 per hour PAYE
Data Support Officers are needed to be responsible for managing the input, updating, and closing care provision data, payee data, contractual data, and payment data across both the Adults and Children’ Social Care Case Management & Finance systems, and the Corporate Finance system.
Checking and entering data into social care systems, including completing transactional tasks, as directed, that support accurate payments and reliable financial information.
The officers will be the first point of contact for all enquiries into the team and is responsible for their accurate capture and recording, as well as assessing priority and requirements to escalate to colleagues or managers.
You will be responsible for completing general administrative and finance duties on behalf of the wider team, as well as supporting the team to resolve system data errors/issues as part of sustained improvements for optimal efficiency and effectiveness and ensuring compliance with all legal requirements.
- Support the processing of all social care payments in an accurate and timely way ensuring that these are authorised in line with financial regulations.
- Manage supplier queries through data capture and liaison with colleagues and supplier contacts to support the efficient resolution of enquiries.
- Support the processing of payments on behalf of the client’s partners.
- Process invoices within agreed tolerances against agreed care plans.
- Support the process of reimbursing carers for contracted fees and expenses.
- Support the verification of care package information ensuring the necessary approvals are in place and the details of the brokered service have been supplied.
- Process and input care package details into the social care case management systems ensuring accuracy and security of data.
- Produce accurate and appropriate contractual documents and communications to payees; monitor for return of completed documentation and update systems accordingly as required.
- Support the updating of the social care finance systems.
- Creation of payee records in the social care finance systems and the setting up of vendor records in the corporate finance system.
- Input of core data in relation to social care contracts.
- Support the update and maintenance of payee records.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Good ICT skills including the ability to use both Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, and business systems effectively.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines, prioritising competing demands effectively.
- Good attention to detail, and experience in analysing and interpreting data, and presenting it in an understandable format.
- Good communicator, with the experience and ability to communicate complex matters effectively in a variety of mediums in a professional and timely manner, fostering effective working relationships with team colleagues, other members of the organisation and external providers and professionals.
- Experience and aptitude to work on own initiative, as part of a team and collaboratively with colleagues, and partners.
- Motivated, positive and inquisitive with an aptitude for learning and problem solving, including a commitment to providing excellent customer service, and continuous improvement.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Payments and Systems Data Support Officer x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.