- Pay Rate:
Up to £15.12 MAX per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Partnership Officer - Adult Community Education
Reference no: W Sussex RQ646747
A Partnership Officer is required to support Adult Community Education, specifically the Multiply programme, as part of the Children, Young People and Learning Department. This department is committed to meeting the needs of all children, young people and families with a particular focus upon the most vulnerable and disadvantaged to ensure that they fulfil their potential.
In this role, you will provide essential support across the funded programmes, specifically the “Multiply” project which is a new adult numeracy programme that will boost existing efforts to address low levels of adult numeracy across the UK.
You will be working directly with the programme managers and administrators.
You will help to develop effective partnerships to deliver programmes by building capacity and extending the reach to ensure that the programmes meet the aims and statutory obligations of the funding providers.
You will have a central role in the engagement and liaison with providers and external stakeholders, internal project boards and working groups, including planning and co-ordinating multi-agency meetings and producing a range of internal and external communications and leading on discrete projects.
You will need to be able to work flexibly and to travel independently around the county, including to areas that may not be easily accessible by public transport.
This role is full time, 5 days per week but would be willing to consider 4-days and/or flexible hours. The person will work from home 2 days a week, the rest in Chichester.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification, or extensive experience of partnership working
Experience and Skills
- Experience of working with the local authority or other support organisation to deliver services for a targeted group of residents
- Experience of working within policies, practices and procedures to deliver services to children and families
- Experience of working across a diverse number of agencies, including community organisations, small businesses, schools and childcare providers
- Experience of producing newsletters, communications, briefings and facilitating training or workshops
- Experience of being solution focused and able to use judgement to respond and react independently to unanticipated queries and situations
- Able to build credible working relationships, building rapport and developing positive partnership ways of working, with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to write and present information in a way that promotes understanding for a range of audiences and using a variety of communication channels including for the web and social media
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence the actions of others and communicate information which may be complex and contentious
- Ability to organise/prioritise work, co-ordinate a variety of tasks in a clear and logical way and meet agreed deadlines that minimise the disruption to the business
- Sound IT skills in order to be able to create newsletters and briefings using digital communication channels software
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, completing shared tasks in order to deliver a service to others
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Partnership Officer - Adult Community Education
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.