- Pay Rate:
£17.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Wembley, London,
Temporary PA & Communications Admin Officer
Reference no: Brent 5208359
Hybrid working - Minimum 1 day per week in the office
The purpose of the role is to provide organisational, project and administration support for Managing Director of Shared Technology Services. Plan, coordinate and deliver service communications, internally to the service, to partner organisations and to public.
- Provide professional, sensitive and confidential support to Directors.
- Maintain/organise the diary of Directors convening all necessary meetings, following up agreed actions and providing all associated administrative support.
- Provide a high level of comprehensive, efficient, confidential support and the co- ordination of information collation for Directors.
- Establish and maintain a system for meeting tasks, actions and monthly management information in order to meet deadlines, using initiative and organisational skills to progress chase responses.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate, confidential, up to date, efficient electronic filing and information retrieval system.
- Manage post (electronic and paper based), acknowledging, responding or allocating for response as appropriate.
- Organise and minute meetings including confidential meetings as and when required and undertake other associated actions in support of the meetings.
- Proficiently use a variety of I T equipment, systems, software and databases (for example laptops, Excel, Word, Intranet/Internet, PowerPoint) for general communication and information purposes, to retrieve data, produce tables, charts, presentations, reports, letters, minutes, and accurate recording of personnel admin records and management information.
- Organise, co-ordinate and liaise with colleagues regarding events such as: team away days, leadership group sessions, staff briefing sessions, collation of information packs, booking rooms, equipment, liaising with appropriate staff / consultants, collating attendance list and carrying out any other associated actions.
- Undertaking tasks to support projects as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Proven track record of providing PA support to a senior manager in a comparable organisation, which will include organising and managing an office, diary management, progress chasing work plans and schedules, and preparing papers and daily activity sheets.
- Evidence of success in building and forming working relationships and working flexibly across professional and operational boundaries.
- Experience of producing complex reports or information to tight deadlines.
- Experience of website content management.
- Experience of developing and delivering communications strategies and plans.
Skills & Knowledge:
- A high level of expertise in the operation of standard office information and communication technology applications, including e-mail, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Knowledge of Local Government and its operating methods and systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive data and information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – clear & concise with an excellent command of the English language
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional organisational skills with ability to work in a methodical, accurate manner
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary PA & Communications Admin Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.