- Pay Rate:
£11.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Operations Assessor – Integrated Transport Unit
Job Reference: Middlesbrough 1004230213820245
Pay Rate: £11.70 per hour PAYE
To support the Transport Operations Manager in delivering a safe and efficient transport service by carrying out Risk Assessments and ensuring safe systems of work.
In addition, the postholder will assist in training to ensure all operational staff are safe, trained and competent in the delivery of the service
- To support the Transport Operations Manager to ensure that risk assessments are carried out and services are operated in accordance with those policies.
- To carry out risk assessments and produce and implement safe systems of work.
- To support the production of information, instruction and deliver training to employees and contractors as required.
- To monitor Health and safety compliance with service policies and record incidents and to recommend and take appropriate action as required.
- To develop and promote health and safety associated with the service.
- To actively participate operationally in developing efficiencies and improvements in the service delivery.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of carrying out service risk assessment and safe systems of work.
- Knowledge and understanding of latest health and Safety guidance.
- Experience of delivering Health and Safety awareness/ training.
- Experience of working in a public service (Education or Adult ) services - desirable
- Experience or working in in transport - desirable
- Experience of effective project management and service development - desirable
- ICT Skills: Basic IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Operations Assessor – Integrated Transport Unit
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.