- Pay Rate:
£10.95 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
21.75 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary OPCC HR Support Officer
Job Ref: RQ613563
To be responsible for, on a day to day basis, HR records within the PCC’s office, including holidays, vetting, training and sickness absence records. To support the Office and HR Manager and SLT colleagues on a variety of employee issues, conditions of service and good practice, ensuring compliance with policy and employment legislation
- Support the Office and HR Manager with appointment processes. Assist with the preparation of application packs, collating applications, arranging interviews and reference checking. Administer the employee start and leave processes.
- To support the Office and HR Manager and SLT colleagues on a variety of employee issues, conditions of service and good practice, ensuring compliance with policy and employment legislation.
- Assist the Office and HR Manager by undertaking administrative work packages including researching and liaising with Constabulary HR colleagues as necessary.
- Support the performance review process and ensure that accurate records of agreed targets and milestones are maintained.
- Support the review and maintenance of up to date HR policies and procedures and support the implementation of changes in HR policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and process training requirements and ensure continuous professional development is maintained for the OPCC team.
- To maintain personnel files and HR files’ audit process.
- To diarise/check HR Tracker actions weekly including, probationary reviews, secondments, fixed term contracts, maternity, vetting and miscellaneous.
- Manage/action the dedicated HR Inbox (primary source for HR queries).
- To be responsible for, on a day to day basis, HR records within the PCC’s office, including holidays, vetting, training and sickness absence records
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- First level degree/working towards or equivalent qualification or have equivalent working experience
- Previous experience of working in a HR role. Sound basic knowledge of HR Policies and Procedures
- Experience of working to deadlines, working flexibly, and prioritising own workloads
- Excellent administration skills with high attention to detail to manage information and data
- Possesses a high degree of interpersonal skills and good oral and written communication skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary OPCC HR Admin Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.