- Pay Rate:
£18.32 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary OD Advisor x2 – Strategic HR Team
Job Ref: Gloucestershire 7773413521610
Hybrid role: flexible, typically 2 days in the office
Occasional evening and weekend working will be required
This new post will support the Council in shaping the People Strategy and Workforce Development Plans for the County and in particular for the Fire and Rescue Service. This core role will involve the development, implementation and evaluation of OD/L&D solutions, support service managers in transformational cultural change, and contribute to workforce planning and talent management to enable better outcomes for staff and the delivery of a high performing professional service.
- Advise leaders and managers in the Council and other partner organisations on employment best practice and on employment law.
- Develop employment policy and guidance.
- Act as a sounding board to other HR/OD team members.
- Identify opportunities to make proactive changes in work practices that contribute to HR/OD and continuous business improvement.
- Work with the HR Business Partners for effective planning and analysis to ensure alignment with business priorities.
- Liaise, influence and negotiate with trade union and other employee representatives.
- Assist the Head of Human Resources to analyse and report spend on HR contracts, projects and development programmes and ensure systems are in place to agree, implement and monitor work programmes.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of employment terms and conditions covering local government, teaching and fire and rescue staff groups.
- Support projects and complex cases, leading and taking ownership as appropriate.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIPD level 5, ideally 7
- Experienced organisational development & learning professional with leadership and management development experience.
- Experience with change, transformation, leadership change and culture change (desirable).
- Good track record of delivery in OD and change with a natural ability to influence, coach, and drive organisational development initiatives.
- Experience in working in a Fire and Rescue Service (desirable).
- Internal consultancy, coaching/mentoring and project management skills.
- Experience in the implementation of SAP LMS (desirable).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary OD Advisor x2 – Strategic HR Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.