- Pay Rate:
£17.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- EALING, LONDON,
Temporary Nursery Officer
Job Ref: Ealing 6210-1
Pay Rate: £17.05 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
To take responsibility as the “key person” for a group of children – as designated by the manager/senior team – ensuring that their overall needs are met, that new children are settled into the group and that any differentiation or adaptation is made to enable them to fully participate in the experiences on offer
- To incorporate children’s programmes devised by other professionals (for example, Speech and Language Therapist) into a play-based approach within the Early Years stage.
- To develop and implement a rich and stimulating learning environment and curriculum both indoors and outdoors, which meets each child’s individual needs and enables them to reach their full potential.
- To monitor, assess and evaluate children’s developmental progress regularly, maintaining accurate and appropriate case records and reporting matters of concern (such as injuries and other significant incidents) to the Head/Senior team. Where appropriate, assist with making referrals to other professionals or agencies in consultation with senior staff and managers.
- To establish and maintain constructive relationships with parents/carers in order to work with them effectively in home and Centre settings and in more formal circumstances, for example, review meetings.
- To offer family support by helping and encouraging parents/carers to access relevant information, services and agencies that can provide for their needs.
- To undertake home visits.
- To provide support for children being transported to and from the Centre.
- To develop and implement care plans and individual education plans (IEPs as required by the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0-25) for children in partnership with parents/carers and other professionals.
- To prepare reports and actively participate in discussions, network meetings and reviews on children’s development
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NNEB certificate, NVQ level 3 in Childcare and Education, BTEC diploma in Nursery Nursing or an equivalent qualification
- Understanding of the main principles of the Children Act and of the principles of the EYFS framework (Sept 2014), particularly the role of safeguarding
- Understanding of the role of OFSTED and its general requirements in the early years setting
- Substantive experience of working with children in an early years setting
- Experience of working with children with additional needs
- Practical skills and strategies in working with children with additional needs on an individual basis (for example, Makaton, visual support techniques)
- Good team working skills and a flexible approach in order to deliver effective support to all children in the Centre
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) to a range of people
- Ability to record data relating to children accurately
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Nursery Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.