- Pay Rate:
up to £120.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- North Greenwich, London,
Temporary NPL Consultant / Advisor - HR
Job Ref: TL 0006 7BFB / 1
Pay rate: £120 per day PAYE (plus 38 days paid holiday)
Basic DBS required for this role
Hybrid role: Candidates must have excellent broadband for hybrid working and use of their own laptop
This role is responsible for recruiting, engaging and supporting the Non-Permanent Labour (NPL) (including working with external suppliers) across the organisation by ensuring that non-permanent labour are recruited and appropriately supported. The NPL Consultant is responsible for upholding and promoting adherence and compliance to the global H2R process designs and ensuring that change initiatives are managed in line with new processes and with appropriate governance.
The post holder will be the day-to-day point of contact for named business areas and authorises rates and allocates roles to the Managed Service Provider contingent workforce supplier. They ensure that pay and recruitment escalations, supplier performance and cost issues are resolved.
- Deliver a cost effective, customer focused, transactional and advisory non-permanent labour lifecycle service (working with external suppliers) to recruit, engage and support NPL staff (including payroll activities).
- Recruit and work directly with external suppliers to find the right NPL candidates for identified roles quickly.
- Ensure all high quality accurate recruitment delivery administration to support the induction of NPL.
- Conduct the monthly reconciliation of all payroll related internal accounts.
- Manage overpayments, allowances, deductions and employee advances.
- Ensure accounts and procurement operations run smoothly to ensure non-permanent labour are paid correctly and on time.
- Act as the first level point of escalation for payroll related matters after external supplier escalation process has been exhausted.
- Governance of outsourced non-permanent labour payroll solutions.
- Work with stakeholders and key business contacts to deliver the best service possible for the customer.
- Drive required cultural attributes across the team including a focus on compliance and service delivery, customer service excellence, and a focus on controlled continuous improvement
- Deliver on agreed performance metrics for NPL.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of working in a non-permanent labour recruitment administration environment in a large, complex and highly unionised organisation.
- Experience of processing payroll for non-permanent labour.
- Knowledge of the NPL lifecycle (recruitment, engagement, payroll and exit).
- Understanding of how 3rd party recruitment providers operate.
- Knowledge of managing and planning recruitment campaigns.
- Awareness of working regulations timelines.
- Knowledge of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Understanding of Reward Policies and frameworks and is able to communicate with a variety of audiences
- Excellent communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Understands and knows how to apply the jurisdictional law, regulation and agreed policy.
- Ability to identify and apply appropriate tools and techniques to develop effective assessments.
- Conducts objective and fair assessments / interviews following best practice principles in assessment and selection.
- Skilled at gathering data from a variety of sources and providing some analysis with use of visuals.
- Ability to assist clients in diagnosing their needs, demonstrates understanding of client expectations and agrees to success criteria, interviews stakeholders, solves technical problems and provides tactical support to Middle Managers.
- Pays attention to detail ensuring accuracy and reviews documentation to identify ways to improve presentation.
- Good IT skills and proficient with Microsoft Applications.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Non-Permanent Labour Consultant (NPL) - HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.