- Pay Rate:
£19.85 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- NORTH KENSINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Neighbourhood Services Coordinator – Housing Management
Reference no: K&C 5206450
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To deliver outstanding services to residents living in council owned/managed properties and embed a culture of a resident first approach. In more specific terms:
- To be the single point of contact for residents with all matters related to tenancy, anti-social behaviour and issues related to communal areas of their estate; to coordinate services involved with resolving enquiries and issues that arise on behalf of residents.
- To provide a joint up service and ensure that other services are part of a coordinated approach, this will include being a representative for tenants/leaseholders when there are concerns with other teams’ service standards, such as repairs either within properties or communal.
- To establish a close working relationship with key teams and services, such as caretaking, income, repairs, social services. To provide a whole person approach to resolving matters for residents and ensuring delivery of excellent landlord services.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Chartered Institute of Housing qualification at level 3 and above or equivalent experience in housing management.
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of Housing legislation and other landlord related obligations as set out in relevant legislation and best practice
- Experience of working in housing and delivering services to residents of social housing landlords
- Demonstrable experience of managing ASB matters for residents or addressing ASB on an estate when working in a role that represents a social housing landlord role.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting residents to sustain their tenancy
- Experience of working with other support services, such as social services and mental health and understanding their obligations and that of the landlord from a safeguarding context
- Demonstrable excellent customer services skills and having a coordinated working approach
- Working with in a local authority and understanding local authorities’ obligations
- Working with local Councillors and MPs
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Neighbourhood Services Coordinator – Housing Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.