- Pay Rate:
£13.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-6 months
- SOUTH SHIELDS, Tyne & Wear,
Full Job Title: Temporary Neighbourhood Officer – Housing
Job Reference: S Tyneside 6445213810514
Pay Rate: £13.92 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure required
To support the delivery of an integrated approach to housing and area management, in particular cleaner, safer and greener services in neighbourhoods.
- Assist with the development and delivery of action plans for the communities you serve, ensuring resident satisfaction and improved outcomes.
- Co-ordinate and contribute to multi-discipline, multi-agency groups to resolve local issues proactively and reactively.
- Proactively deal with all aspects of tenancy from sign up, support during tenancy and terminations including transfers, exchanges, abandoned properties, conditions matters and temporary re-housing.
- Ensure new tenants are aware of their tenancy providing them with advice and guidance on all aspects of their tenancy and local community.
- Provide a range of services to help and support tenants with their duties under the tenancy agreement.
- Ensure all tenants comply with the terms of their tenancy agreement taking swift action when breeches occur.
- Take swift formal action when breeches occur within the community.
- Deal with and issue fixed penalty notices.
- Work with colleagues across the Council and South Tyneside Homes to co-ordinate relevant activity in the local area.
- Understand fully the relevant performance indicators in your area, and support activity that will drive up performance ensure that community standards are met.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent to include English.
- Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 12 months recent housing management experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within the social sector
- Knowledge of the housing sector and current housing issues
- Experience of challenging and emotive situations and applying empathy
- Experience of working in a customer focussed environment
- Skills & Abilities:
- Will demonstrate resilience whilst effectively communicating with customers
- Ability to provide creative solutions to challenging situations
- Problem solving skills, working under pressure and taking initiative
- Ability to collate relevant information and present through appropriate channels
- Organised, accurate record keeping, task focussed to meet deadlines.
- Good level of IT skills and experienced in the use of mobile working equipment
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Must have a car available daily for work purposes
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Neighbourhood Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.