- Pay Rate:
£19.93 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, 08:00 18:00
This opening assignment is one month
- CAMDEN, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Multi Trader – Repairs Management
Reference no: Camden RQ637277
Hours of work will be between the core hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm (Monday – Friday) and 8.00 am and 1.00 pm (Saturday) as directed by management. The post-holder is required to work flexibly to support service delivery between these hours which may include changes to working times / patterns in order to deliver an effective service.
To carry out building repairs, maintenance, renewals and replacements within a range of trade disciplines ranging from routine reactive repairs to large scale programmed refurbishment work and occupational therapy adaptations in occupied and void housing properties and other Council owned premises in accordance with best trade practice and to current standards and regulations.
Competent to a professional standard in both quality and output in a minimum of four trade disciplines covering; Plumbing/Carpentry/Plastering/Electrical and/or Part P/Tiling/Painting & Decorating/Gas Safe.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Apprenticeship or time served to City & Guilds/ NVQ 3
- Competent to a professional standard in both quality and output in a minimum of four trade disciplines covering; Plumbing/Carpentry/Plastering/Electrical and/or Part P/Tiling/Painting & Decorating/Gas Safe.
- Need to have their own tools/drills Testing equipment will be provided
- Previous experience in a general maintenance role, including using a wide variety of technical equipment
- To be physically fit and strong enough to carry tools and materials
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Full driving licence + own van
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Multi Trader – Repairs Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.