- Pay Rate:
£14.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Multi Trade Plumber – Social Housing
Reference no: N Warwickshire 5208342
The purpose of the role is to be responsible under the direction of a supervisor or the Housing Direct Works Manager, to provide trade operative services in the delivery of an effective responsive, void and planned maintenance service. Receive repair requests or direct instruction, analyse the extent of work required and carry out the necessary repairs to rectify the fault. Undertake the work in a professional manner and to a high standard of workmanship utilising skills of your own main trade and skills in other trades for which you have been trained or deemed competent in undertaking.
- Responsibility for undertaking allocated responsive repair jobs void works or planned maintenance jobs in accordance with the skills of your own trade and also carry out works outside of your own trade in which you have been trained or deemed competent to undertake.
- Responsibility for planning own workload for allocated jobs taking recognition of the priorities and required completion dates and complete work in an efficient manner within the specified time scales or as requested by the Supervisor or Housing Direct Works Manager.
- Maintain effective communication with the Supervisory/ administration and management staff passing on information, concerns and problems with regard to any jobs.
- Attend pre arranged responsive repair appointments to carry out work or Contact tenants directly to make access arrangements. Work flexibly to enable repairs to be carried out at reasonable times to suite of the customer.
- To be courteous and act in a professional manner when dealing with tenants and the public and to act in a manner appropriate to that of a representative of the Authority and in accordance with the Housing Divisions Customer Charter and Contractors Code of Conduct.
- To provide a presentable and professional image whilst undertaking duties including wearing clean corporate work wear and keeping allocated vehicle clean and tidy both externally and internally.
- Maintain Imprest material stocks on allocated vehicle, document use where allocated to job and replenish as necessary.
- To be responsible for any allocated vehicle, plant, tools and equipment. To identify defects and report any maintenance/ repair issues to the administration office.
- To provide own tools for undertaking general aspects of job for which a tool allowance will be provided in recompense for purchase and maintenance.
- Maintaining a level of responsibility and duty of care towards your own health & safety and that of your colleagues, tenants and members of the public. To be aware of any risks and dangers and where appropriate inform your supervisor / manager or take action on your own initiative to reduce that risk. Always work to the safe working practice as outlined in the Health and Safety Policy.
- To work unsupervised and exhibit responsibility for the completion of tasks, acting on own initiative when faced with minor problems.
- Maintain good relations with other members of your team. Work as part of the team and contribute in a constructive manner.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Hold an appropriate qualification in a main trade and to have skills and be competent in carrying out works in other general building trades.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience in working in Social Housing would be beneficial.
- Experience of and capability to be able to carry out associated ‘other trades’ works to complete the works as specified.
- Understanding of Housing Maintenance needs and issues, or the building maintenance environment.
- Aptitude for and/or experience of technical components and tasks of a building maintenance service.
- Aptitude for and/or experience of all aspects of material and plant procurement.
- Aptitude for and/or experience of work schedules.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also on an individual unsupervised basis.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to use initiative to problem solve.
- Adaptability to meet fluctuating needs demands, and resources together with variable work conditions.
- Ability to deal with public, colleagues and work force in a polite and professional manner.
- Prepared to vary working hours to suit Depot or Main Office requirements.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Multi Trade Plumber – Social Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.