- Pay Rate:
£14.28 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
21 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Mayoral Chauffeur/Attendant
Job Ref: RQ613686
To provide attendant services to the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and other appropriate persons
- To provide chauffeured transport services to the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and other appropriate persons, complying with the relevant Council health and safety policies and road traffic regulations at all times
- To liaise with the Mayoral Services Manager to ensure that all engagements to be attended by the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and/or other appropriate persons have suitable transport arranged.
- To be in attendance upon the Mayor and/or Deputy Mayor on engagements both inside and outside the Borough, and to escort and introduce them to their hosts on arrival at engagements
- To announce the Mayor and/or Deputy Mayor at Council meetings, citizenship ceremonies, Mayor Making and, as appropriate, at other civic receptions, and to welcome and announce the Mayor’s and/or Deputy Mayor’s guests at receptions
- To maintain the Mayoral cars in an immaculate condition, cleaning both the inside and outside of the vehicles as appropriate, undertaking routine checks on fuel, oil and water and reporting maintenance defects immediately
- In the case of breakdown or other unforeseen circumstance, to take appropriate steps to endeavour to ensure that the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and/or other appropriate persons are able to attend the engagement
- To wear the uniform provided when on duty and to wear the Mace Bearer’s Robe when carrying the Mace
- To robe the Mayor and/or Deputy Mayor at civic occasions
- To carry the Mace and lead the procession into all full meetings of the Council and at Mayor Making, and to lead the civic procession at the Civic Service and at Remembrance Sunday services in the Borough
- To advise the Mayor on matters of protocol regarding the Mayoral chain and robes
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good standard of education, including literacy and numeracy
- Experience of working under pressure and in managing conflicting demands
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of groups including Members, MPs, senior managers and members of the public
- Ability to work both as part of a team and using own initiative
- A flexible approach to working, with the ability to meet the needs of unpredictable working patterns, to work weekends and evenings and the willingness to work additional hours at short notice
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Mayoral Chauffeur/Attendant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.