- Pay Rate:
£10.84 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Maintenance Officer
Job Ref: N Lincolnshire 5216997
Pay Rate: £10.84 per hour PAYE
This role provides a technical service function in supporting Council’s Operational Property Portfolio. This entails organising property repairs, request for works, soft services contracts, statutory service, and planned preventative maintenance inspections to support the compliance activities that form the delivery of the Corporate Landlord model
- Provide a technical support function, to ensure the allocation of suitable contractor or resources are assigned to property related requests. Liaising with assigned responsible person(s) and staff with designated operational duties to ensure services provided by the property are not affected.
- Receipt and allocation of electronic requests for heating fuels, Personal Protective Equipment emergency repairs, request for works health and safety reports. Maintain, monitor and review records of property compliance.
- Order and invoice processing, maintenance of financial records and commitment accounting procedures, ensuring compliance with standing orders, financial regulations, audit and general procedures. Directing other staff in these regards, acting as a certifying officer to authorise payments to contractors
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ 2 qualification (or equivalent) in Customer Service – or be able to demonstrate equivalent level of knowledge and skill
- Knowledge of basic joinery work/ plumbing, domestic repairs and improvements and fault-finding solutions
- Experience and skill in the use of IT management systems and software including, email, word, excel, databases, financial packages
- Relevant premise or facilities management experience
- Ability to find practical solutions
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Maintenance Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.