- Pay Rate:
£10.84 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 2 months until further notice
Temporary Maintenance Officer (Facilities and Environmental Services)
Reference no: North Lincolnshire 5208570
A Maintenance Officer is needed to provide a technical support function, to ensure the allocation of suitable contractor or resources are assigned to property related requests.
- Contribution to the PPE forever model in procuring, supplying and managing delivery and distribution of items.
- Receipt and allocation of electronic requests for heating fuels, Personal Protective Equipment emergency repairs, request for works health and safety reports.
- Maintain, monitor, and review records of property compliance.
- Order and invoice processing, maintenance of financial records and commitment accounting procedures, ensuring compliance with standing orders, financial regulations, audit, and general procedures.
- Directing other staff in these regards, acting as a certifying officer to authorise payments to contractors.
- Receive reports of building and engineering repair needs and within defined guidelines, determine appropriate action to progress, by; choice of contractor, issuing of orders, ensuring compliance with contract terms and conditions where applicable.
- Develop, apply, operate and maintain IT systems, including Service Management Software Financial Management Systems (FMS), Time Recording, Building Management Systems and Access & Security Control systems.
- Prepare, distribute, and process construction framework documentation in connection with various building and engineering repairs.
- Ensuring the use of appropriate forms of contract and that correct framework procedures/contract conditions are followed.
- Produce, analyse, interpret property data, and prepare reports for budget and project monitoring for business performance purposes.
- Developing and maintaining condition and other property related records, ensuring appropriate legal obligations are met, such as Asbestos and Electrical Inspection records, and Asset Management Plans.
- Working with key stakeholders within the council in co-ordinating property related services such as Grounds Maintenance, Pest Control, Waste Management and Security Services.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience in assessing repair needs, choosing appropriate response, and estimating costs based on knowledge of construction industry pricing.
- Experience and skill in the use of IT management systems and software including, email, word, excel, databases, financial packages.
- Relevant premise or facilities management experience.
- Experience of working in a team and independently.
- NVQ 2 qualification (or equivalent) in Customer Service – or be able to demonstrate equivalent level of knowledge and skill.
- Knowledge of basic joinery work/ plumbing, domestic repairs and improvements and fault-finding solutions.
- Awareness and knowledge of Building Regulations
- Awareness and knowledge of Health & Safety at Work Regulations.
- Awareness and knowledge of Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Awareness and knowledge of Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations.
- Awareness and knowledge of Approved code of practice Legionnaires’ disease. The control of legionella bacteria in water systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Effective in working under pressure, prioritising conflicting demands to deliver against tight deadlines and targets.
- Ability to find practical solutions.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Maintenance Officer (Facilities Services)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.