- Pay Rate:
£11.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months.
Temporary Maintenance Fitter x2– Technical
Reference no: Caerphilly 5214530
Pay rate: £11.70 per hour PAYE
HGV2 licence or willingness to complete HGV2 training and pass relevant test.
The post-holder will inspect and maintain the Authority’s fleet of vehicles, hired vehicles, and plant and equipment; and will undertake all mechanical and electrical repairs to VOSA and manufactures standards in line with Council’s policies. They will repair and maintain the Authority’s refuse vehicles, sweepers and gritting vehicles including all mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems, in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Efficiently and effectively diagnose faults on chassis and body equipment for a range of vehicles quickly and accurately.
- Carry out repairs according to customer requirements within schedule of rates timeframes and manufacturer and VOSA standards ensuring limited customer downtime.
- Remove and replace components on both chassis and municipal equipment.
- Service and prepare vehicles for MOT or Plating tests
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Good proven record of working on HGV vehicles, light commercials and working with municipal vehicles.
- Relevant City and Guilds or Level 3 qualifications or qualifications at a similar level.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial vehicle repairs, servicing and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of municipal vehicle repair and fault diagnostics.
- Good knowledge of HGV repairs and light commercials.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good diagnostic skills.
- Able to operate and maintain equipment and machinery.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to meet customer demands and standards.
- Able to work within restricted time schedules.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and suppliers.
- Ability to converse with customers and update them on repairs and progress; be polite and reassuring to clients and customers.
- Ability to make routine technical and operational decisions within the scope of the role.
- IT literate.
- Willingness to participate in flexible working including shift pattern work
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Maintenance Fitter x2– Technical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.