- Pay Rate:
£9.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Temporary Loader– Manual
Reference no: Glamorgan RQ607000
The post-holder will collect and load refuse and recycled material from domestic, industrial and commercial properties from a variety of sacks, bins and containers
- Undertake, removal of refuse and recycled material from households and industrial and commercial premises. This will involve the handling of a full range of containers such as bags/sacks, bins, boxes or loose material.
- Remove and clean up any spillages of waste created on the ground or in areas of the collection
- Assist the driver in safe manoeuvring of the vehicle on the round or at the disposal/recycling location.
- Attend any relevant training courses and cooperate with any health and safety inspections or monitoring processes.
- Assist with the promotion of recycling services, including the wearing of any safety and promotional material designated to that service.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Experience in undertaking refuse or recycling loading-desirable
- Experience in handling of waste from sacks, bins and boxes-desirable
- An understanding on the importance of recycling.
- An understanding of the Neighbourhood Services provided by the Local Authority.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to physically be able to carry out manual duties including lifting, carrying and general labouring activities.
- Ability to accept responsibility for resources.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues, residents and other service providers.
- Undertake relevant induction and on-going training & development relating to this role.
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to changes in priorities and demands.
- Ability deal with the general public in a polite and courteous manner.
- Positive attitude and approach to service delivery.
- Ability to drive/travel throughout the council or between locations as appropriate.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Loader– Manual
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.