- Pay Rate:
£9.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Litter Picker
Job Ref: N Tyneside 5281213627841
Will be carrying out litter picking and bin emptying around the borough's sites
- Undertake, either individually or as a member of a mechanised cleansing team, duties concerned with the sweeping, collection and removal of litter, dirt, dead animals, leaves and weeds, etc, from public spaces (including roads, pavements and shopping precincts). These duties will require the use and operation of the usual range of associated tools and equipment (e.g. Sharp Kits) and regular inspection and emptying of litter bins. Work unsocial hours as required.
- The postholder may from time to time be given the opportunity to carry out refuse collection duties. Such duties may specifically include: Undertaking, either individually or as a member of a team, duties connected with the removal of household, industrial and commercial and recyclable refuse from a variety of locations, e.g. houses, shops, schools. This could involve the full use of refuse containers, eg, plastic sacks, wheelie bins, and paladin bins.
- The postholder may from time to time be given the opportunity to carry out driving duties in connection with Environmental Cleansing. The postholder must have received assessment to drive specialist vehicles and to undertake team leader and relevant reporting/completion of daily returns.
- Report, as appropriate, any public safety issues as arise from Council responsibility and any issues as could detrimentally affect the appearance of the Environment
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- At least 1 year’s relevant experience e.g. labouring, cleaning and maintenance, waste removal, working with hydraulic equipment
- At least 6 months’ experience dealing with the public in a face-to-face customer focused service
- Ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain work written records
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Litter Picker
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.