- Pay Rate:
£11.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Licensing Officer / Administration
Job Ref: Nottingham 1000434113779982
Pay Rate: £11.70 per hour PAYE
Hybrid: 3 days per week in office
To process taxi licence applications under the Licensing Act 2003 to include new, minor and full variation application. Candidates must be able to process Vary Designated Premises Supervisor and Transfer of Premises Licence applications and use Flare/Civica databases proficiently.
- Process Vary Designated Premises Supervisor and Transfer of Premises Licence applications.
- Provide appropriate advice, information and guidance on a variety of licensing matters and related areas as required.
- Understand government licensing legislation and how to use it to shape the licensing requirements.
- Supervise the work of the Licensing Support Officers.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience dealing with customers within a regulatory environment to promote legal requirements and good practice.
- Ability to process Personal Licences.
- Ability to process Vary Designated Premises Supervisor and Transfer of Premises Licence applications.
- Ability to process regulatory applications (desirable).
- A working awareness, knowledge and understanding of local authority licensing legislation, its application and processes.
- Basic budgetary principles and financial management knowledge.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills and ability to use Flare/Civica database proficiently.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Licensing Officer / Administration – Taxi Licences
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.