- Pay Rate:
£18.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, 10:00 – 17:30
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary LGV Technician - Highways & Transportation
Reference no: Enfield RQ611706
Basic DBS disclosure required
To undertake the service, repair and maintenance of vehicle, plant and equipment in accordance with legislative and health and safety requirement.
To undertake vehicle testing in line with VOSA regulations.
To ensure that all maintenance work undertake is completed effectively, efficiently and is of a high standard of quality.
- To maintain service and repair on all types of vehicles, plant and equipment as part of the Council’s programmed servicing schedule. Equipment, tools and machinery, will include (but are not limited to) the following - mowers, gang units, ride-ons, tractors, chain saws, spikers, strimmers, pressure jet cleaning equipment etc.
- To carry out risk assessments, safe systems for work and regular safety inspections on all vehicles (including specialist vehicles such as refuse/sweepers/PCV vehicles) and plant in accordance with legislative requirements and Council policy.
- To liaise with external suppliers for the supply of goods and services to ensure best value is maintained.
- To effectively manage the stores area to ensure stock levels are maintained and appropriate service/repair items are held at all times.
- To provide roadside assistance to broken down vehicles/plant and arrange recovery if necessary.
- Diagnose any faults found and specify on the job card any work necessary to be carried out by the Contractor or the in house workshop.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- City and Guilds part 1, 2 and 3 in motor vehicle maintenance or equivalent
- LGV class C driving licence
- Qualified VOSA MOT tester for class 4 and 5 - desirable
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Substantial experience of motor vehicle technology on cars, light goods vehicles, municipal vehicles and parks equipment.
- Practical experience in general hydraulic, welding and electrical repairs.
- Experience of repair and maintenance of cars, light goods vehicles, municipal vehicles and parks equipment.
- Diagnostic skills in relation to repair and maintenance of cars, light goods vehicles, municipal vehicles and parks equipment.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to adapt to changing working environment (including shift pattern)
to meet customer needs
- Ability to work under/on vehicles at varying heights, and in confined spaces. The ability to access inspection pits via ladders
- ICT Skills: Experience of using computer systems to record work undertaken and to check vehicles previous history
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary LGV Technician - Highways & Transportation
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.