- Pay Rate:
£13.74 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary LGV Driver – Loader’s waste & Recycling
Reference no: UBO 8239513659697
LGV Class C licence required
The post holder will be a part of a team maintaining the cleanliness of the streets by sweeping and litter picking of footways and verges also emptying litter bins within the designated areas.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the streets by sweeping and litter picking of footways and verges.
- Empty litterbins as required by the relevant cleansing. schedules, or as directed by the Street Cleansing Supervisor.
- Participate in any relevant training for the duties of this post and to achieve the key objectives of the Council.
- Comply with standard employee Health & Safety at Work responsibilities.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Abilities & Skills:
- Experience of LGV/HGV vehicles or experience of Scarab /Mechanical Road Sweepers.
- Adaptable and physically capable of carrying out the duties of the post,
- Presentable in appearance.
- Reliable and responsible.
- Able to work on own initiative and as a part of a team.
- Committed to customer care.
- Committed to quality and willingness to undertake any relevant training.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Must hold a LGV Class C licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary LGV Driver x 6 – Loader’s waste & Recycling
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.