- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
44.60 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Legal Clerk
Job Ref: Worcestershire RQ680955
Pay Rate: £10.19 per hour PAYE
Hybrid Working - Some office attendance will be required on a weekly basis currently 2-3 days
Legal Clerk processing traffic orders (temporary and permanent), commons searches and public rights of way matters
- To support the functions relating to Highways Public Rights of Way, and Commons
- To provide administrative support to the wider Commercial Legal Team, including providing office cover on a rota basis with others
- To check land titles as appropriate
- To assist with the Council’s financial systems where appropriate
- To update Council’s website as appropriate
- To assist in the administration and updating of the Law Library
- To assist with sealing process of documents
- To receive visitors and deal appropriately with enquiries
- To assist with preparation, collation and distribution of documents and information
- To undertake filing, faxing and photocopying
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A good level of education to at least GCSE standard (or equivalent), including English and Maths at grade ‘c’ or above
- Experience of office systems, including the use of computer applications such as MS office suite
- Demonstrable experience of working within an office environment
- Good oral and written communications skills
- The ability to read maps and interpret plans
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Legal Clerk
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.