- Pay Rate:
£18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Widnes, Cheshire,
Temporary Legal Assistant – Social Work
Reference no: Halton RQ677229
Pay Rate: £18 per hour PAYE
A Legal Assistant is needed to provide support services to social work staff, through the provision of guidance and assistance in effective delivery of childcare proceedings to ensure that the requirements of the Childcare Act are met.
- Prepare Local Authority applications in care proceedings, as directed by the Group Solicitor.
- In consultation with Legal Services provide social workers and their line managers with timetable for all Court processes and proceedings.
- Coordinate LAM’s between Legal Services and social workers.
- Issue proceedings using the Family Public Law Portal and serve documents/papers on Legal representatives/Courts, and the client team.
- Be able to use IT and office equipment and software to produce documentation necessary for the role.
- Assist solicitors in ensuring case files are kept updated using the client’s case management systems.
- Contribute to the provision of an efficient and effective legal service with a commitment to continual improvement and performance management.
- Manage work related pressures from deadlines, interruptions, and the caseload and balance those conflicting demands of the job.
- Attend court and meetings with counsel, as necessary.
- Assist with disclosure of documents for court and court bundles as agreed by the Group Solicitor.
- Co-ordinate the attendance at Court of social workers, managers, and external parties.
- Assist solicitors with case progression, including but not limited to diarising of directions, ensuring directions are met, liaising with outside professionals to obtain reports as directed by the court and LA solicitor, keeping records of where directions are not met and reporting to the Group Solicitor.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Ilex Part 1 or equivalent.
- Minimum 2yrs Post qualifying experience in relevant Child Care/Child Care Law setting.
- Family Court experience, including preparation of Statements and ability to work with people from a range of professions.
- Experience of working within LA Social Services/Legal Services/Courts settings.
- Experience of liaising with other professionals and organisations.
- Knowledge of Child Care Law & Court Protocol.
- Able to support colleagues and assist them to meet deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate & support colleagues through Court Protocols and Processes.
- Demonstrable communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good presentation skills.
- To be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours.
- Good attendance record.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Legal Assistant – Social Work
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.