- Pay Rate: £15.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 3 months
- MORDEN, SM4 6HY
This role is for an Experience Social Care and Litigation Childcare Legal Assistant with Local authority experience.
To provide operational legal advice and assistance on at least one of the following:
- Children’s Social Care
- Adults Social Care
To assist other members of the Shared Legal Service in the delivery of their duties.
To be responsible for representing the interests of the service within the wider council organisations in any of the four authorities and with external clients.
To manage a case load of legal matters.
- To provide, under limited supervision, timely and effective operational legal advice and assistance to officers across both authorities as part of a team of lawyers responsible for Social Care and Education and to any other clients of the Shared Legal Service.
- To have a good and up to date knowledge and practical experience in at least one of the above areas of legal work.
- Liaising with solicitors and other legal professionals and working with outside bodies including the court service on matters relating to the work of the section.
- To manage a caseload of wide ranging work, including but not limited to, drafting legal letters, legal agreements, deeds, notices, orders, consents, by-laws and such matters in accordance with precedents, relating to the Social Care and Education team, managing competing demands and meeting deadlines and the requirements of the Shared Legal Service.
- To work proactively to maintain and improve the relationship with the clients of the Shared Legal Service.
- To provide support to the team to ensure effective service delivery
- To undertake duties on behalf of the Monitoring Officer (AD Corporate Governance) for both authorities
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum of 12 months recent legal experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- ***Qualification details and all experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary Legal Assistant - Childcare
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.