- Pay Rate:
£13.87 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Legal Admin Support Officer – Legal Services
Reference no: Croydon 6565-1
Pay Rate: £13.87 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS required for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive administrative support to the Division ensuring that legal processes are observed and that the clients are provided with efficient and effective high quality legal services.
Support the head of legal business in the delivery of legal services and contribute to the effective operation and service requirements of the Legal Business Team
- Incepting all Legal requests receive through the share point portal and ensuring that these are accurately allocated in accordance with the practice note, KPI’s and according to capacity (in conjunction with the Heads of Service).
- Ensuring that the data received in the gateway is accurately captured, verifying with Council officers where required. Ensure that the share point system is maintained and data fields are kept up to date.
- Liaising with our external Legal partner to ensure smooth allocation of matters.
- Producing reports as required using data from the gateway and collated from of Legal Partner.
- Attending Court to issue applications and lodge documents and bundles and assist Counsel at the request of Solicitors in accordance with Court directions as required.
- Scheduling Court directions, Court dates and other key dates on the Case Management System and Court Diary.
- To chase other parties for outstanding documents or evidence as requested by Solicitor. Assisting Solicitors processing requests e.g. police disclosure requests, complying with Court Orders, Agreements, access to information including relevant liaison and timely preparation of relevant data, both electronic and paper based.
- Assisting the Head of Legal Business as required, in the delivery of legal services
- Maintaining filing system including opening, closing and archiving files on a regular basis. Electronic and paper storage of documents and destruction in line with SRA and GDPR.
- Liaising with Court, Chambers, Solicitors and officers as directed by Solicitors and/or Heads of Service.
- Assisting with the maintenance of case management and filing systems and such other administrative arrangements required for service delivery.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Highly proficient in computer software packages i.e. Office 2010, Case Management Systems and Oracle
- Experience of office systems and equipment e.g. scanner, photocopier and fax machines.
- Experience in record keeping including filing and using a follow up system.
Skills & Abilities:
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good time management and personal organisational skills.
- Ability to deal with confidential issues and documents.
- Ability to understand and react to changing priorities and deal with unforeseen and urgent demands.
- Ability to work constructively with office colleagues and clients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload to meet service requirements.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Legal Admin Support Officer – Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.