- Pay Rate:
£16.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WEMBLEY, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Legal /Admin Assistant – Legal Services
Reference no: Brent 5212075
This role is office based, 5 days a week with no scope for remote working. There is flexibility with working days and hours to be shifted to Saturday and Sunday.
The role is varied in its delivery but will include:-
- Recalling and viewing Legal documents from contractor
- Ascertaining next steps for documents and liaising with Legal Officers with respect to document retention and or destruction
- Managing, maintaining and updating inventory logs with respect to project.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge & Qualifications:
- 2:1 level Law Degree or equivalent
- Preferably, knowledge of the law and practice relating to children in need, child protection and adoption
- At least 1 year experience of administrative work in an office environment dealing with correspondence, filing, preparing documents and using IT systems
- Preferably, experience of social care legislation in particular child protection legislation, court structure and procedures
- Skills & Abilities:
- Good presentation skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally
- Ability to provide services in a manner which is consistent with the Council's equal opportunities policies
- Accurate data entry skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prepare cases for hearings and to process a caseload of social services – child care -related work
- Ability to undertake routine litigation
- Ability to prepare cases for hearings
- Ability to undertake advocacy in routine cases
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate evidence, solve problems and present solutions at an appropriate level
- Ability to provide advice and present arguments in a confident, articulate and persuasive manner
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relations with clients
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Legal /Admin Assistant – Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.