- Pay Rate:
£12.42 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
Minimum of 18 hours per week, Monday – Friday (hrs to be confirmed)
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months.
Temporary Lecturer (Foundation Learning) P/T – ESOL
Reference no: Durham 5110213516759
Enhanced DBS required
To cover 4-6 classes per week (for Ukrainian refugees) working up to 18 hours per post. The ideal candidate will have experience of teaching and supporting learners with differing needs and delivering both informal and regulated ESOL classes and qualifications.
The post-holder will participate in the planning and development of programmes and carry out teaching and learning activities across the county. They will be required to supervise any learning support assistants allocated to their classes; prepare the learning environment and guide and direct learners on their progress as well as monitor and advise on learner’s welfare including safeguarding, health and safety and to work with the centre staff including management and subject sector leads.
- Contribute to learner recruitment and selection including preparation of course descriptions and guidance and other marketing information as directed,
- Attend enrolment and recruitment events and provide advice on suitability of courses for individuals,
- Provide information, advice and guidance to prospective learners on the suitability of courses
- Carry out initial assessment of learner’s skills, interests and aptitudes and devise the individual learning plan and learning and personal goals with the learner,
- Contribute to the development of resources and learning materials for courses,
- Prepare schemes of work, lesson plans and associated materials considering the needs of individual learners
- Deliver good or outstanding teaching and learning using innovative methods and e-learning
- Implement assessment procedures that review and assess formative and summative progress of the learner
- Promote as directed, the learner support and learner financial assistance available,
- Promote the progression into further learning opportunities for learners
- Maintain quality assurance records including course records and reviews, personal learner records, caseload reviews, group profiles and any other documentation
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Minimum Level 5 teaching qualification - DTLLS, CertEd or equivalent,
- Vocational and professional qualifications need to be at least at NVQ Level 3 or equivalent and at least one level above the level to be taught,
- Vocational qualifications or CPD must demonstrate relevant and up-to date knowledge of the subject area,
- GCSE Grade A to C in English and Maths or appropriate equivalent.
- Significant teaching experience within post 16 and 19+ learners,
- Experience of following a quality assurance framework,
- Experience of using E-Learning Technologies,
- Experience of delivering a range of appropriate qualifications within the subject area and sound understanding of awarding body requirements,
- Experience of using virtual learning environments (VLE) and maintaining own resources on a VLE,
- Experience of assessing learners through a range of methods including professional discussion, observation, witness testimony and performance evidence,
- Experience of providing information, advice and guidance,
- Experience of teaching and supporting learners with differing needs and delivering both informal and regulated ESOL classes and qualifications (desirable).
- Knowledge of conditions of funding related to Maths & English,
- Knowledge of Apprenticeship Framework/Standards.
- Current internal verifier award,
- Level 3 IAG award,
- Current assessor award – D32/D33 or A1 or equivalent.
Skills & Abilities
- Good or outstanding teacher who is willing to share good practice, has innovative and effective teaching strategies to improve understanding and skills levels,
- Ability to identify and address the differing needs of a wide range of learners,
- Ability to use a range of teaching materials and resources,
- Good ICT, administrative and organisational skills,
- Ability to develop effective relationships and motivate groups of learners,
- Good oral and written skills,
- Effective planning skills to deliver programmes of up to two years duration,
- Ability to cope with the mental and emotional demands of teaching including those related to challenging and changing environment
- Physical skills to lead sessions with learners and demonstrate technique and safe practice and to set up and dismantle training equipment.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Lecturer (Foundation Learning) P/T x3 – Adult Learning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.