- Pay Rate:
£16.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Hackney, London,
Temporary Leasehold Finance Technician / Admin - Housing
Job Ref: Hackney RQ639044
To provide comprehensive administrative support to the Leasehold Finance Teams who are responsible for the calculation of service charges, major works, reserve fund, shared ownership rent and ground rent, the production of the estimated, interim and actual invoices, and the billing of service charge and rent payers, including service of Section 20B notices.
The post holder will assist with the preparation and issuing invoices and Section 20 notices for all schemes and services, including Qualifying Long Terms Agreements. They will provide high quality service to service charge paying residents, such as pre-sales enquiries and to provide background information and calculations for all service charge and major works enquiries, including Section 125 offer notice information.
- Work with colleagues within Leasehold Finance Team on the calculation of annual and major works service charges and to facilitate the production of estimated, interim and actual invoices.
- Provide administrative assistance in the collation of all financial records pertaining to communal and structural expenditure in relation to property service charges and major works.
- Accurate maintenance of all information, financial and otherwise, provided for the calculation of service charges and major works.
- Maintain electronic, and manual records including supporting documentation in relation of annual and major works properties.
- Effectively record and report errors and inaccuracies within accounting processes, and financial recording systems and to assist with implementing any appropriate changes within the Leasehold Finance Team.
- Assist in providing background information and calculations for all service charge and major works enquiries, including Section 125 offer notice information.
- Assist with the preparation of estimated service charge and major works information for the RTB Team for the production of RTB Offer notices.
- Assist in accurate reconciliation of all income and expenditure in respect of service charges, major works, and shared ownership, buy backs, RTB sales and mortgage accounts is carried out.
- Regularly update and maintain the service charge and major works database.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of Service charge and Major works processes and legislations governing service charge and major works billing.
- Experience of electronic and manual filing systems.
- Experience of working in a financial environment and carrying out finance administrative functions.
- Ability to review and update financial accounts.
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations correctly and promptly to process refunds and adjustments in accordance with financial regulations.
- High level of attention to detail to ensure the maintenance of accurate records and accounts and to recognise errors which require amending.
- Proficient IT skills, proficient in Microsoft packages, especially Excel and Access and ability to update and maintain housing management programmes/databases equivalent.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Leasehold Finance Technician / Admin - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.