- Pay Rate:
£10.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months.
Temporary Learning Delivery Assistant- Adult Learning
Reference no: Durham 5110113539464
Enhanced DBS required
Driving Licence required
The postholder will be required to assist the lecturers to address the needs of the learners who require particular help to overcome barriers to learning. The post holder will help to contribute towards the delivery of a high-quality learning and skills experience; Contribute to the preparation of the learning environment; Handling and set up of equipment and learning resources to aid the delivery.
- Use specialist skills, training or experience to support learning.
- Implement learning activities within an agreed framework of supervision, adjusting activities to meet learner need
- Respond to the lecturer’s requests for support in the classroom. Support the lecturer in the management of student behaviour.
- Provide support for learners with special educational needs or challenging behaviour.
- Provide direct personal care and support to service users
- Establish productive relationships with learners, responding to individual need, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual learning plans and recording of learner progress.
- Provide support during the learner induction process, to plan and deliver activities for individuals or small groups
- Support selecting, designing or adapting teaching and learning materials to suit individual needs
- Actively promote inclusive practice within the classroom setting to ensure acceptance of all students, appropriately challenge unacceptable behaviours or attitudes and encourage learners to interact with one another.
- Provide feedback to learners and lecturers in relation to learner progress, achievement and attendance. Maintain records on learner attendance, progress and achievement.
- Identify and nominate learners for the annual Awards ceremony and provide case studies to aid the celebration of learner achievement.
- Participate in the Observation of Teaching, Learning and Assessment process and respond proactively to feedback and make improvements to teaching as directed.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Diploma in Specialist Support in Teaching and Learning at Level 3 or equivalent qualifications in teaching
- GCSE Grade A to C in English and maths or equivalent qualifications
- Knowledge of English and Maths curriculum and strategies to support learning or equivalent
- Good understanding of the principles of post 16 learning developments and the learning process
- Knowledge of a range of resources suitable for adults and young people and how to use them appropriately
- Experience of supporting teaching within small groups or individual students, in planning and development of learning programmes.
- Experience of supporting delivery of courses linked to accreditation and recording, monitoring and evaluating the teaching and learning processes.
- Previously worked in an educational setting with young people aged 16 and over with a range of special educational needs
- Experience of working where administrative skills and an ability to be a good organiser were required
Skills & Abilities
- Effective ICT skills and recent and relevant experience of using ICT in a learning environment
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others
- Ability to work as a member of a team, understanding their role in the classroom and associated responsibilities.
- Ability to apply a range of personal skills to support and manage a small group of students
- Ability to work flexibility
- Emotional Resilience
- Able to meet the transport requirements of the post
- Ability to be highly organised and self-motivated.
- Ability to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to maintain good working relationships at all levels
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Learning Delivery Assistant / Admin - Adult Learning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.