- Pay Rate:
£11.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Alconbury Weald,
Temporary IT Service Desk Analyst
Reference no: CCC 9418 28/06/22
A Service Desk Analyst will provide first point of contact for customers with technology issues, queries or requests, along with providing first line support which includes trouble shooting and resolving issues within their remit.
- Provide first point of contact for all IT related issues and requests via multiple channels including phone, email, self-service and face to face ensuring all the relevant information (including customer details) is recorded on the appropriate systems.
- Respond, troubleshoot and resolve incidents, queries and requests across the full range of supported services in accordance with agreed service standards and operating procedures in order to achieve satisfactory resolution of customer needs.
- Identify and refer specialist and particularly complex incidents and requests to the appropriate support team or 3rd party contractor and liase on the progress through to resolution in order to ensure compliance with SLA targets.
- Responsible for the ownership, tracking, management and escalation of all incidents and requests within your scope to ensure they are resolved within the appropriate SLA.
- Play an active role in ensuring major incident calls are managed in line with the agreed major incident process by keeping senior members of the service desk informed of any developments that you become aware of.
- Update and maintain the service desk knowledgebase when requested.
- Contribute to the development of new support procedures in order to ensure the ongoing development, relevance and timeliness of the service.
- Work as an effective team member assisting and supporting colleagues as appropriate and required.
- Carry out adhoc service desk functions including basic user admin tasks, mobile phone support, VOIP requests and Facilities Management calls as and when required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE D or above.
- ITIL Foundation qualification – desirable.
- Degree in an IT specialism or equivalent relevant technical experience – desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Significant experience on an IT Service desk.
- ITIL awareness and understanding – desirable.
- Some knowledge or experience of delivering support via telephone.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems.
- Ability to multi-task within a team environment.
- Ability to empathise with system users when problems occur.
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritise own workload.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary IT Service Desk Analyst
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.