- Pay Rate: £19.62 max per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 2 months
- BRADFORD, BD1 1HX
This is a 2nd line Desktop role.
Working in the Information Services - Service Operations team to deliver end user and infrastructure support that ensures that the department meets and exceeds agreed service levels to its customers.
Develop innovative solutions to solve business problems and identify opportunities to drive efficiencies across the Council.
Deliver excellent customer service.
- Support the continuous development and enhancement of the service, and ensure that customer care and service excellence are established as core values.
- Follow service management processes to ensure consistency and effectiveness of the service and contribute to continuous process improvement.
- Use agreed IT service management tools to accurately capture data relating to ITIL processes. Ensure service related documentation is accurate and relevant.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and investigate problems in systems and services throughout the organisation. Assist with the implementation of remedies and preventative measures.
- Maintain an understanding of advances in the relevant technology environment and be able to deliver expert advice while looking at ways that new technology can be implemented to deliver service improvements.
- Where required, supervise specialist external technical consultancy.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with all colleagues and with end users. Provide specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues to ensure best use is made of available assets, and to maintain or improve service delivery.
- Manage the access to highly confidential, personal, financial, political and commercially sensitive information; to ensure compliance with appropriate legislation e.g. DPA, FOI, Child Protection Act, etc, the unauthorised disclosure of which would prejudice the interests of the Council.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for assets, equipment and materials within the ICT service undertaking.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- At least 1 year’s experience working in an ICT service operations environment AND a related BTEC National Level qualification or equivalent. - OR -
- Several years’ experience of working in an ICT service operations environment using additional skills identified at Level 1 for the skill set(s) relating to the post.
- Due to the Government’s Fluency in English for posts where employees speak directly to members of the public the postholder is required to meet the Advanced threshold level which will be applied where the postholder requires a greater level of sensitive interaction with the public. You must be able to demonstrate that you can express yourself fluently and spontaneously (this will also be tested during the interview).
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Apply in-depth knowledge of implementing appropriate technologies.
- Apply In-depth knowledge of supporting appropriate technologies.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework and the ability to work within it.
- Able to successfully deliver end user and IT infrastructure support.
- Able to use IT service management tools to accurately capture data relating to ITIL processes.
- Able to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with all colleagues and end users.
- Able to collaborate with colleagues to identify and investigate problems in systems and services throughout the organisation, assisting in the implementation of remedies and preventative measures.
- Able to deliver excellent customer service.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary ISP Service Operations x2 – ICT Services
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.