- Pay Rate:
Up to £19.62 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 5 months until further notice
Temporary ISP Service Operations Officer (Information Technology)
Reference no: Bradford 5208140
An ISP Service Operations Officer is needed to work in Service Operations to deliver Network Infrastructure support, system support, maintenance, configuration, and development that ensures that the department meets and exceeds agreed service levels to its customers.
- Support the Network Voice and Data function and be part of the IT services Network Team.
- Deliver the Network Voice and Data support service to meet and/or exceed agreed service levels.
- Use agreed IT service management tools to accurately capture data relating to ITIL processes. Ensure service-related documentation is accurate and relevant.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and investigate problems in systems and services throughout the organisation.
- Assist with the implementation of remedies and preventative measures.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with all colleagues and with customers.
- Manage the access to highly confidential, personal, financial, political, and commercially sensitive information; to ensure compliance with appropriate legislation e.g., DPA, FOI, Child Protection Act, etc, the unauthorised disclosure of which would prejudice the interests of the Council.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for assets, equipment, and materials within the IT service undertaking.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Demonstrate appropriate technology program certification.
- Have excellent customer facing and customer service skills.
- Have experience in firewall management, diagnostics and configuration.
- Have broad knowledge of structured cabling and Wi-Fi standards to support the design and expansion of the network infrastructure.
- Able to apply in-depth knowledge of developing, implementing network support processes and systems for a Cisco, Palo Alto and Mitel environment.
- Able to apply in-depth knowledge of managing a network support function delivering a service across multiple sites.
- Have a good understanding of network infrastructure and application security.
- Network Support skills and experience (Cisco/Mitel).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Car & Drivers licenses required.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary ISP Service Operations Officer (IT)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.