- Pay Rate:
£19.34 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- BRIXTON, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Intervention Officer - YOS
Reference no: Lambeth RQ592139
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To assist in all aspects of the work of the Youth Offending Service including the following but the list is not exhaustive:
- To work in conjunction with YOS officers to delivery aspects of targeted intervention plans to young people subject to statutory and non-statutory interventions.
- Assessing the suitability of young people for intensive supervision and surveillance programmes.
- Working together with case managers to oversee intensive cases (defined by the scaled approach) by adding support to the intervention delivery and ensuring National Standards.
- To provide the young person with a role model to form a constructive working relationship that helps the young person develop social and personal skills.
- To promote positivity learning experiences through the delivery of training programmes and supporting young people into education.
- To engage, encourage and support young people during reparation activities.
- To promote the young person’s participation in leisure activities and developing interests.
- Activity as an appropriate adult under PACE.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professional Certificate in Effective Practice (youth justice) or qualification in related field.
- Some knowledge of current legislation and issues relating to children, young people & families including children/young people who offend e.g. Children Act, various criminal justice.
- Demonstrable experience of working with children & families including adolescents.
- Some experience working with young people who have offended or have been at risk of offending.
- Experience and ability to communicate effectively with young people, both individually and in group settings.
- Experience of delivering training programmes
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Able to work outside normal office hours including evenings and weekends.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Intervention Officer - YOS
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.