- Pay Rate:
£18.82 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Information Officer
Job Ref: RQ592322
To administer, maintain and develop reporting frameworks across all HR & payroll systems to ensure efficient and effective service delivery
- Design, administration and maintenance of the reporting framework for HR & Payroll systems.
- To create and develop a wide range of HR & Payroll management information, reporting and information-based solutions
- To liaise with requestors, gathering and analysing requirements to ensure that management information produced is fit for purpose.
- To create and produce quality assurance and quality control reporting, e.g. to check data integrity, statutory compliance, adherence with national and local policies etc and create processes for production and distribution to recipients where appropriate.
- To document and publish procedures relating to the creation and development of Management Information.
- To run data integrity checks alerting Senior Managers when remedial action is required.
- In addition to the principal accountabilities, the post holder will be expected and enabled to contribute more widely to the overall development of the Department and its services through training work, special projects and other activities, both to promote the post holder's own development and so that knowledge and experience in the Department are effectively shared, to the overall benefit of the service.
- Ensure that all data is only divulged in accordance with Council Policy and GDPR legislation
- Keep the Business Support Manager and key stakeholders informed on work progress particularly where there are deadlines to be met or where there is an impact on the availability or accuracy of the system or data integrity concerns.
- Plan leave handovers ensuring that cover is arranged as required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ Level 4 in relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of data protection regulations
- Experience of assisting with developing, building and testing HR & Payroll systems
- Experience of working with data in a payroll, pensions and HR environment
- Experience of writing complex data reports using Business Objects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels, internally and externally
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Information Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.