- Pay Rate:
£18.67 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- BROMLEY, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Information Assurance Officer – ICT Security
Reference no: Bromley RQ643765
A temporary role to support the Principal Information Assurance to implement the program of work set out in the Security Improvement Report & Plan provided by the Department of Levelling Up, Housing (DLUHC) and Communities and provide general ongoing support to the Council for information security and incident response.
This will involve liaising with contracted IT service provider, ITHC company and representatives from Department of Levelling Up, Housing and Communities as well as other members of the Information Management and wider IT team as necessary.
- Work with the Principal Information Assurance Officer to deliver the DLUHC Security Improvement Report & Plan
- Work with the Principal Information Assurance Officer to monitor, maintain and promote security.
- Assist with deployment and monitoring of a SIEM and mature its use
- Assist with the creation of technical IT policies e.g. immutable backup / privileged access management
- Assist with the development of incident response plans / Playbooks
- Assist with IT Health Check action planning and remediation
- Assist with information security aspects of data protection impact assessments.
- Review output from vulnerability management tools such as Tenable/Nessus action planning and remediation
- Participate in projects and workstreams across the business such as systems implementation.
- Drafting and updating of policies and procedures
- Assist the promotion of Information and cyber security
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree level education or sound Information Security and business experience ideally in the public sector
- A proven track record of working in information security and assurance
- Experience of working on the implementation of compliance and technology solutions, liaising with contractors or third-party suppliers
- Demonstrable experience of maintaining excellent relationships with senior managers and having negotiated solutions to problems.
- Involvement in the preparation, management and control of projects.
- Evidence of success in the delivery of quality services with an ability to achieve service improvements under the principles of best value.
- Knowledge and understanding of Information security best practices, and technologies that solves business problems, particularly within public sector organisations
- An understanding of program and project management methodologies and working knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks.
- Good understanding of security standards such as ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials and NCSC best practice how the implementation affects the business.
- An understanding of Cloud App security including Office 365
- ICT Skills: Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other software packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or bein
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Information Assurance Officer – ICT Security
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.