- Pay Rate:
£19.06 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Income Recovery Officer - Housing
Reference no: Islington RQ648266
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To assist the Team Leader and Income Recovery Manager in providing an effective Rent Arrears service.
To collect all income due in line with targets, providing benefits advice, agreeing / negotiating appropriate repayment plans and undertaking legal action relating to Rent Arrears as necessary, including issue of NOSPS, preparation of Court papers, variation orders, eviction reports, execution of warrants and attending evictions.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent income recovery experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of working in a Social Housing environment and involvement within income recovery.
- Experience of working in, and delivering services to, a multi-cultural community.
- To have an understanding of housing benefits sufficient to provide general advice to service users.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to deal with correspondence from a wide group of people and agencies.
- Ability to conduct effective interviews with service users.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills and be numerate applicable to the requirements of the post.
- Ability to write reports to a good standard which enables senior officers to make relevant recommendations or decisions.
- Ability to ensure effective use of information technology, including word processing, in order to input and extract information
- Ability to think creatively in order to anticipate and solve problems, and to take corrective action where necessary.
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach to team working, be self-motivated and to be able to demonstrate an ability to work on your own initiative.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Income Recovery Officer - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.