- Pay Rate:
£15.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- BARNET, LONDON,
Temporary Income Maximisation Admin Officer
Job Ref: Barnet RQ682071
Pay Rate: £15.79 per hour PAYE
Income maximisation officers will help deliver a high quality and comprehensive welfare benefit, financial support, assessment and debt advice service to residents, drawing on technical expertise, knowledge and experience to add value, lead on the resolution of challenges and drive process improvements across a range of service areas (Financial Assessment, Income, Debt, Cost of Living and Housing)
- To provide a comprehensive welfare benefits, financial support and assessment, debt advice and claims assistance service to residents with the aim of maximising income and preventing/reducing arrears. *Financial support includes but is not exclusive to Resident Support Fund, Household Support Fund & Discretionary Housing Payments.
- To play a key role in Barnet’s Cost of Living support service.
- Visiting vulnerable residents to complete forms / benefit applications.
- Maintain comprehensive and up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, procedures, and current and emerging best practices for the area of responsibility and ensure that the organisation meets all its statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Pro-Actively seek opportunities to deliver efficiencies, including through the implementation of system improvements and increased automation, pro-active use of data to drive continuous improvement and the right outcomes for residents and the authority.
- Assist the team manager in ensuring performance objectives for teams are delivered. Ensuring that these are understood and that appropriate output focused performance management measures are effectively implemented.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate records and databases at all times, ensuring all customer information is dealt with in strict accordance with confidentiality rules.
- Deliver an end-to-end holistic approach to supporting residents.
- Manage your own performance effectively to meet goals and targets and work to required deadlines, adhering to Departmental and Council policies, procedures, and systems at all times.
- Keep up to date with relevant procedures and guidance affecting the area of work including maintaining a high level of confidentiality
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Awareness of and the ability to operate with sensitivity in the context of a political environment
- Experience/successful track record of providing welfare benefit/assessment/debt advice services
- Successful experience of continuous performance improvement for a collection/assessment service
- Experience in using data to improve outcomes for residents and the organisation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex matters effectively to all levels of audience, quickly able to build rapport, engage, influence, consult and collaborate with residents and key stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solution mindset
- Ability to balance competing pressures to maximise the effectiveness of the organisation’s outcomes
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Income Maximisation Admin Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.