- Pay Rate:
£13.44 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Illuminations Technical (Structural) / Welding - Engineering
Job Ref: Blackpool 0006 4CC1 / 1
To manufacture and repair mechanical structures which will include welding of steel and ferrous metals.
- Undertake fabrication of structural elements of the Illuminations, using both tig and mig welding techniques.
- Support Illuminations Engineer in the designing and manufacturing of the mechanical movements and structural elements.
- Work with all aspects of the illuminations display manufacture, maintenance, erection, operation, installation and dismantling.
- Produce basic CAD drawings.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- City & Guilds Level 3 in Engineering or equivalent qualification e.g. welding.
- Considerable knowledge of fabrication and engineering.
- Considerable knowledge of mig and tig welding.
- Considerable knowledge of lathes and milling machines
- Knowledge of robotic manufacturing equipment.
- Considerable experience in working in a fabrication environment.
- Considerable experience of undertaking fabrication work at a variety of locations.
- Use of hand tools and powered hand tools.
- Fabrication using steel and aluminium.
- Welding with both mig and tig sets.
- Ability to use mobile elevated platforms (Cheery Pickers).
- Ability to drive and operate a balanced forklift truck.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Illuminations Technical Structural / Welding - Engineering
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.