- Pay Rate:
£10.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Temporary HR Support Officer/Admin- Human Resources
Reference no: West Sussex RQ623112
Hybrid working arrangement
The post-holder will assist the HR Support team with the end to end recruitment process, maintenance and update of employee data and systems, payroll processing, general employee services and response to HR enquiries via the shared HR mailbox
- Ensure effective recruitment through working with candidates, hiring managers and HR colleagues throughout the recruitment process, from recruitment authorisation to the issuing of new starter documentation, to ensure smooth and effective processing of campaigns.
- Ensure that the HR service complies with recruitment practices, including DBS checks, right-to-work requirement, medical, reference and other compliance checks as required.
- Administer the onboarding process for new employees, ensuring such documentation as offer letters and contracts are produced in a timely and accurate manner, and delivering day one inductions for new starters.
- Ensure all payroll instructions are prepared and submitted to the Payroll service according to agreed timescales (including maternity/paternity, jury service, salary sacrifice and loan applications), maintaining a high focus on accuracy.
- Ensure that all HR ICT systems accurately reflect current staff and their terms and conditions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date electronic employee records, ensuring compliance with data protection legislation.
- Ensure resignations are acknowledged in a timely manner and that outstanding payments are calculated and processed accurately.
- Deliver cyclical/routine HR projects, such as annual Declaration of Interest checks, renewal of time-limited permissions to work, triennial DBS checks and other governance-related activities.
- Support the delivery of the wider employee benefits and reward offer and other employee engagement initiatives.
- Provide a high-quality response to staff, manager and candidate queries via the HR inbox through efficient, accurate and timely handling and processing, reporting observed trends to HR colleagues.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- A minimum of one-year previous experience in a similar role that can be demonstrated as conferring the same level of expertise
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
- Relevant professional level qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of basic employment law and experience of practical application in the workplace
- Good knowledge of HR best practice and how it applies to the workplace
- Experience of providing generalist, customer-focused HR administrative support services such as payroll, benefits and/or recruitment, including use of HR/workforce management IT systems
- Experience of using and maintaining HR databases and systems such as Resource Link or similar
Skills & Abilities
- Good numeracy skills and able to establish, maintain and update data accurately
- Good writing and editing communication skills that provide clear communication of key messages
- Ability to develop and maintain a professional HR knowledge and deploy this to contribute to the development of HR services at THH
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under own initiative, with good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both written & verbal
- Able to meet targets and prioritise workload
- Flexible, problem-solving approach
- Ability to work effectively with various IT systems
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible and work overtime
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary HR Support Officer/Admin- Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.