- Pay Rate:
£18.31 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary HR Officer - Human resources
Job Ref: 5208034
Working on hybrid basis of 2 days a week in the office and 3 days a week working from home.
To work as part of team to provide expert and comprehensive Human Resources advice to all services across the Council and to schools .
- Advise head teachers and managers on discipline, grievance, ill health and capability cases.
- Attend meetings, draft correspondence, and consult trade unions as necessary.
- Produce and maintain accurate and accessible records of all casework.
- Advise managers on organisational change, including restructuring, early retirement, redundancy, redeployment, TUPE and trade union consultation.
- Contribute to reviews of HR policies and procedures.
- Design HR policies, procedures and guidelines for consultation with stakeholders, and plan regular reviews.
- Analyse workforce trends and contribute to workforce planning advice to managers.
- Maintain a user friendly HR intranet site for managers and employees, to include all HR documentation including template letters
- Maintain HR advice and documentation for schools on school accessible website.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 5 CIPD Diploma or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of employment law
- Three years HR experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary HR Officer - Human resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.