- Pay Rate:
£15.12 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
Full Job Title: Temporary HR Advisor – Human Resources
Reference no: Bournemouth 5212049
The role is mainly home based with occasional collaboration in the office. Working in the office is choice and can attend any time. There is a hot desking environment. This is not an entry level role, experience is essential - regularly dealing with complex cases.
Working across shared services to deliver a professional and consistent employee relations service which enables customers to manage their people resources effectively.
- Proactively manage and deliver employee relations casework
- Provide professional advice on all aspects of employee relations including absence management, grievance, disciplinary and performance management, escalating casework where appropriate
- Work closely with other HR colleagues and across services to monitor, review and update all policies in line with current legislation and best practice
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with Trade Unions to resolve individual cases and effective consultation on people related solutions
- Develop effective relationships with the business to promote good employee relations across the organisation
- Coach, train and develop managers in good practice employee relations knowledge & skills
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Part qualified CIPD
- Experience of employee relations in a unionised environment
- Previous experience of working within a Human Resources environment
- Demonstrate CPD and up-to-date knowledge of changes to case law, legislation and best practice
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Ability to advise on all HR polices and procedures
- Ability to advise on all aspects of employee relations casework
- Up to date knowledge of changes to case law, legislation and best practice
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Experience of local government or unionised environment
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Must be able to travel, using public or other forms of transport where they are viable, or by holding a valid UK driving licence with access to own or pool car
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary HR Advisor – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.