- Pay Rate:
£13.71 per hour, PAYE
- Hours per Week:
26 Monday – Friday, normal working hours (flexible -3 days with one day being Wednesday)
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary HR Advisor P/T– HR
Reference no: Nottingham 1004389913491101
Pay rate: £13.71 per hour, PAYE
Hybrid working arrangement. The post is 0.6FTE (3 days). Flexible in the days to be worked, but one of the days worked should be Wednesday. Office based in Loxley House, Nottingham.
The post-holder be responsible for providing advice and will oversee the human resources administrative procedures and ensure that labor policies are implemented.
- Deal with various HR queries.
- Providing advice to management on employee relations and management issues including disciplinary, grievance, and absence.
- Create, implement and administer employee policies
- Advise managers on recruitment and selection strategies
- Assist with and develop recruitment campaigns.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Experienced in giving HR Advice as a generalist, including disciplinary, grievance, and absence management
- Understanding of relevant contemporary legislation and case law that underpins the development of Council HR strategies and policies
- Good understanding of HR practice and policy in a large public sector organisation
- Have full working knowledge and experience of the Council computerised HR systems ie. SAP and being able to produce reports
Skills & Abilities:
- Good research, analysis, interpretation and evaluation skills, demonstrating the ability to identify and diagnose problems/issues / requirements and develop solutions
- Good ICT skills - both standard Microsoft applications and specialist systems
- Excellent time management skills to manage workload prioritise and set deadlines and cope with conflicting and changing demands in a high pressure environment
- Ability to build relationships influence and engage successfully with colleagues, partners and clients in complex and sensitive situations
- Ability to complete administrative tasks in a quality and time-efficient manner
- Ability to communicate processes and information to others, respond clearly to questions and requests
- Ability to gather, organise, interpret and analyse information from a wide range of sources to support informed decision making.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary HR Advisor– HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.