- Pay Rate:
£10.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 - 4 months
Temporary HR Administrator - HR
Reference no: Swindon RQ646674
An experienced HR administrator required to support the HR Advisory Team. Preferably candidates will have experience of working within a HR function.
Hybrid/remote working available.
You will act as first point of contact for HR queries on a wide range of employee’s pay, terms and conditions of employment and benefits, responsible for receiving and resolving enquiries through phone calls and email.
Duties to include:
- Process employee information, including starters and leavers, and amendments, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of data input onto the HR and Payroll system
- To take responsibility for a wide range of HR administration including, but not limited to statutory maternity letters, childcare vouchers
- Processing all starters and leavers, assisting with full process when required
- Conduct weekly authorisation checks for employees contractual changes, relating to pay terms and conditions and grade. Liaising with HR colleagues as required.
- Process invoices and complete payment processing for finance on a monthly basis
- DBS renewal tracking and monitoring on a quarterly basis.
- Monthly monitoring of secondments, fixed term contracts, honorariums and acting up end dates, to ensure audit compliance is correct and the authorisation process is being followed
- Employee references, work permit and mortgage references upon request
- Advise on right to work process, monitor and check all expiry’s on a monthly basis
- Monthly retention payments to check eligibility, providing any data to senior HR advisors
- To support People, Culture and Organisational Resilience projects as required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ 3 or equivalent experience
- Experienced HR administrator with a wide working knowledge of policies, codes of practice and employment legislation
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel
- Good communicator and able to build and develop relationships with internal and external customers
- Experience of delivering service excellence, handling and resolving complaints and dealing with difficult customers
- Ability to work constructively as a team, understanding the roles and responsibilities and willingness to support others
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary HR Administrator - HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.