- Pay Rate:
£18.63 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- GRAYS, Essex,
Full Job Title: Temporary Housing Solutions Officer – Housing Support
Job Reference: Thurrock RQ680706
Pay Rate: £18.63 per hour PAYE
Experienced candidates only - good experience and knowledge of interpreting legislation, and carrying out the job function. Must be able to write a reasoned s.184 decision letter.
To provide a frontline service to applicants who are homeless or threatened with homelessness in line with the Housing Act 1996 part VII and Homelessness Act 2002
To give housing advice and assistance in order to prevent homelessness. Duties include:
- To assess the housing circumstances of customers
- To identify any accommodation rights and provide the most appropriate advice
- To look at all housing solutions and advise the customer appropriately
- To assess the financial resources available to customers and advise how this will impact on their ability to retain or secure accommodation
- To identify any other financial resources available to the customer
- To prevent homelessness by taking a pro-active approach to identifying the causes of homelessness and making enquiries to prevent homelessness at the earliest possible opportunity
- To negotiate with private landlords, relatives and other excluders, both face to face and on the telephone; to prevent the loss of accommodation or to delay loss of accommodation until such time as a planned move can be achieved
- To assist individuals with finding alternative accommodation where all options to remain have been exhausted
- To advise customers on the availability of accommodation elsewhere which may meet their needs; for example in areas of low housing demand and high housing supply
- To refer and/or signpost customers to other agencies who can support them in keeping their existing accommodation. This includes referral to mediation services and specialist advice agencies e.g. debt advisers
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience of providing advice on housing related issues, preferably within a similar role and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of face to face interviewing of applicants
- Excellent Knowledge of Homelessness legislation and code of guidance
- Excellent knowledge of Landlord and Tenant law
- Knowledge of social housing law
- Knowledge of homeless prevention tools and housing options
- IT skills including Microsoft packages
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Housing Solutions Officer – Housing Support
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.