- Pay Rate:
£14.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Kensington, London,
Temporary Housing Response Officer
Reference no: K&C 5218404
Pay Rate: £14.39 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
A Housing Response Officer is needed to act as the first point of contact for customers, contractors, and other individuals regarding housing management, maintenance, tenancy, and leasehold queries, rent, service charges and parking.
To diagnose and book repair appointments for residents and staff and manage the busy diaries of repairs operatives and contractors, planning, multitasking and prioritising allocation of jobs and rescheduling appointments.
- Provide an excellent standard of customer service to every customer.
- Answer, act on and follow up as needed on any inbound communications (calls, emails, virtual, face to face).
- Accurately capture and log correct and detailed information every time (e.g., using scripts and/or the system diagnosis tool for repairs and checking email, telephone contact details, preferred contact method, etc) to ensure up to date and nothing missed.
- Accurately diagnose customer repair issues using the system diagnosis tool (Keyfax) and supplement with your own knowledge and experience.
- Try to resolve calls at first point of contact and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Escalate ongoing repair jobs to colleagues, and alert Team Leaders to issues requiring intervention.
- Where appointments are required, offer in line with the customer’s preferences and any operational constraints (i.e., only promise the customer if you are confident, we can fulfil).
- Ensure to update systems in a timely manner so information is always current.
- Support residents with information about a range of other queries, e.g., income, taking payments, leasehold, tenancy, parking and environmental.
- Undertake back office (CRM queue) and reception duties.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience in busy customer services role (ideally call centre), providing excellent customer service every time.
- Experience of handling high volumes of enquiries (telephone, written, virtual or face to face).
- Knowledge of tenant / residential enquiries (desirable).
- Knowledge and understanding of construction drawings (desirable).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning and organising skills.
- Strong multitasking and prioritising skills.
- Proactive with a continuous improvement mindset.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Housing Response Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.