- Pay Rate:
£14.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37.50 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Kensington, London,
Temporary Housing Response Officer/Housing Repairs/Maintenance
Reference no: K&C 5208718
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
Currently hybrid but maybe subject to change going forward.
The purpose of the role is to be the first point of contact for customers, contractors and other individuals with regard to housing management, maintenance, tenancy and leasehold queries, rent, service charges and parking. Work on a rota basis handling all Housing Management enquiries and follow up actions, providing proactive, excellent customer service every time.
- Provide an excellent standard of customer service to every customer.
- Answer, act on and follow up as needed on any inbound communications (calls, emails, virtual, face to face).
- Accurately capture and log correct and detailed information every time (e.g. using scripts and/or the system diagnosis tool for repairs and checking email, telephone contact details, preferred contact method, etc) to ensure up to date and nothing missed.
- Accurately diagnose customer repair issues using the system diagnosis tool (Keyfax) and supplement with your own knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrate good understanding of different customer groups/personas, and tailor your style and response appropriately and professionally to meet their needs.
- Oversee daily schedule of operatives and take responsibility for deployment of operatives, relaying relevant job guidance and information as appropriate.
- Multitask and prioritise in regard to emergency, urgent and routine jobs, non-appointed tasks, variations, follow on jobs, cancelled and suspended jobs and ensure the relevant IT systems are accurately updated every time.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with operatives, contractors, customers (internal and external) and suppliers to ensure all works are carried out within agreed timeframes and to highest standard.
- Liaise with operatives via telephone and email.
- Manage appointments with customers (tenants) i.e. rearranging or cancelling to suit and accurately update the systems
- Ensure that all appointments and target dates are kept and that the team are delivering on key performance indicators.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience in busy customer services role (ideally call centre), providing excellent customer service every time.
- Experience of handling high volumes of enquiries (telephone, written, virtual or face to face).
- Must have experience in planning and as voids/repairs admin.
- Must have experience of social housing and have had used various operating systems. ideally service connect, CRM and open housing.
- Willing to work outside standard office hours occasionally (including Saturdays).
- Knowledge of tenant / residential enquiries ideal.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction drawings ideally.
- Technical knowledge ideal.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Housing Response Officer/Housing Repairs/Maintenance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.