- Pay Rate:
£17.10 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 - 3 months
- Romford, Essex,
Full Job Title: Temporary Housing Officer - Housing
Reference no: Havering RQ710875
Pay Rate: £17.10 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role.
3 x Housing Officers required to provide a high quality housing management service which deals with tenancy and leasehold management services to residents living in social housing stock.
You will be an advocate and champion for the housing service into your local patch.
You will support people to sustain their homes and quality of life.
You will provide advice for safeguarding and health and well-being on a wide range of issues including housing, welfare rights, personal finance, hoarding, tenancy management, mediation, life skills and the promotion of personal independence.
You will act as the principle point of contact for a local area, estate or patch or group of residents so that the environment and condition that residents experience is high quality and well maintained.
You will complete inspections, as required.
You will develop strong links with other departments to provide solutions such as; access to properties, tenancy fraud, fire risks, safeguarding, and vulnerability to enable the organisation to maintain properties in good order and protect residents.
Where relevant, you will take action in line with tenancy terms or leases, manage nuisance and anti-social behaviour casework.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Hold an appropriate qualification in a relevant field: NVQ, Diploma, relevant degree or relevant experience (desirable)
- A good standard of education with English and Maths GCSE grade A-C or equivalent.
- Current Driving Licence
- Previous experience in a similar role
- To be able to comply with laws and guidance relating to public sector tenancy management
- Experience working in a front facing team interviewing and assessing clients’ housing requirements / needs (desirable)
- Experience of effective multi-disciplinary working
- Experience of working on defined operational projects, working to tight deadlines and objectives with minimum supervision
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to have or acquire an excellent working knowledge of all appropriate elements of housing, tenancy and leasehold management relating to the role
- Ability to have and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and strategy
- Be a confident, engaging communicator, able to positively handle contact with clients from a range of backgrounds and with complex needs
- Ability to build and maintain a good understanding of wider organisation and department objectives, services and initiatives and an understanding of how these interface with delivery of housing needs services
- Ability to handle conflict, or potential conflict situations with clients who may be distressed, dissatisfied or potentially aggressive/ violent, and to do so within policy/procedure on carrying out such interviews
- Ability to build & maintain a thorough working knowledge in using data and case management systems to ensure data quality and effective sharing of work
- Ability to work with several software applications in conjunction, and proficiency in Microsoft and database use
- Ability to handle and respond to customer complaints clearly and comprehensively in keeping with the service standards
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.