- Pay Rate:
£10.75 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- MANCHESTER, Lancs,
Full Job Title: Temporary Housing Management Officer – Homelessness
Job Reference: Manchester 0006 7A5C / 1
Pay Rate: £10.75 per hour PAYE (plus 33 days paid holiday)
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Candidates must have rent account experience.
The role holder will provide housing management services and high quality accommodation to homeless households.
The role holder will work co-operatively with tenants and their support workers on housing management matters.
The role holder will be responsible for the day to day management and administration of the furnished tenancies scheme.
- Working co-operatively with support workers, monitor occupants compliance with their occupancy agreement, house rules and any court orders, taking prompt and appropriate action in response to breaches.
- Manage, monitor and maximise rent, utilities charge and miscellaneous charge collection, maintaining appropriate records and reporting upwards where necessary.
- Closely monitor the processes of starting, operating and ending tenancies, including the service and administration of Notices to Quit.
- Working co-operatively with occupants and support workers on support planning relating to tenancy management.
- To monitor the quality and suitability of furniture and recommend improvements or modifications where appropriate, arranging the cleaning, repair, replacement and disposal of furniture when necessary.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of housing legislation, in particular, an understanding of Landlord and Tenant law
- and other legal requirements relevant to the management of homes and neighbourhoods.
- Administrative and literacy to GCSE/BTEC level or demonstrable ability to operate at this level.
- Minimum of 12 months recent housing experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Relevant experience of working in a partnership/multi-agency setting and multi-disciplinary team.
- An understanding of housing legislation in relation to nuisance, neighbour disputes and racial harassment.
- Effectively interview customers through active listening and negotiation skills.
- Experience of working largely autonomously to manage own workload and prioritise tasks both on-site and in the office.
- Experience of working with customers and championing their views and feedback.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Finds creative ways of delivering results which go beyond what is expected wherever possible.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing with a wide range of people,
- including Councillors, contractors and other agencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to be solution-focused, taking responsibility and action to promote
- great customer service, with a ‘Can Do’ attitude.
- ICT Skills: Ability to use ICT systems to obtain and analyse data and present it effectively through a variety of ICT channels.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Housing Management Officer – Homelessness
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.