- Pay Rate:
£18.54 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- CATFORD, LONDON,
Temporary Housing Assessment & Allocations Officer x4
Job Ref: 0006 230F / 1
LBL are looking to appoint 4 officers to assist with the implementation of our new Allocation Policy
- Production of the Find Your Home newsletter ensuring both copy deadlines and partner landlord targets are met
- To maintain and regularly review the housing register
- To deal effectively with all callers to the Homesearch Team; providing advice around day-today advertising, lettings issues and housing need
- To assist both clients and housing partners with the Housing Register and Choice Based Lettings to ensure that there are strong links maintained between the ICT specialists including the Systems Manager and others to enable the maximisation of functionality and reporting of the key business systems used by the team
- To visit, interview, assess, determine eligibility and verify housing applications to join the housing register or key schemes tailoring individual plans for assigned case load and liaising with relevant services and departments
- To successfully promote and administer local, pan-London and national schemes by way of publicity and acting as an advocate
- To proactively participate to move clients from temporary accommodation who are suitable for move-on to other accommodation via the housing register and where necessary completion of income and expenditure assessments to determine affordability and minimize costs to the business
- To liaise and maintain excellent relationships with the wider Housing Needs & Refugee Services and Refugee Services Group for the proactive management of the Temporary Accommodation portfolio its customer to secure more settled accommodation options
- To verify both housing applications and approval of offers where there is no conflict of interest
- To identify cases of fraud and misrepresentation and ensure appropriate legal action can be taken and escalate this to the Coordinator or Manager
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Sufficient standard of education to include good level of numeracy and literacy
- Knowledge of legal framework governing the provision of social housing services
- Good knowledge of voids and lettings practices
- Experience of working in a customer demand led business in the public or private sector
- Experience of dealing sensitively with distressed or challenging customers/service users
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain both local policies and statutory legislation
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Housing Assessment & Allocations Officer x4
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.