- Pay Rate:
£13.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary Housing Allocations Officer x 2- Housing & Planning
Reference no: W Berkshire 5205435
Enhanced DBS required
Hybrid working arrangement
The post-holder will assist with the operation of the Common Housing Register by checking, and inputting new applications and updating changes to existing applications.
- Input housing register applications on the housing ICT system and Identify applicants for referral to the Homelessness Prevention & Relief Officers for further assistance.
- Handle a range of telephone and general enquiries from both internal and external customers and contacts
- Provide a comprehensive response but referring more complex cases to the Housing Allocations Team Leader as appropriate
- Assist vulnerable applicants with completing forms and monitoring bidding process.
- Provide advice and respond positively to a wide range of enquiries received via the phone and on the pod reception desk,
- Explain relevant legislation to applicants in a way that is understandable, and appreciate the basic legal requirements of valid notice to quit
- Visit applicants at a range of locations to confirm information relating to their housing application
- Maintain and update files and records, including information of a high confidential nature
- Collate process and monitor medical, social needs and discretionary housing payment processes
- Provide cover for the Housing Allocations Team Leader when necessary
- Liaise with the lettings teams regularly and at the partner Registered Provider Forum
- Maintain stocks of standard forms and information for the public and officer use, raising Agresso orders for stationery and office equipment when required.
- Perform a range of financial tasks, including control of petty cash, processing of creditor invoices and preparation of debtor invoices
- Maintain filing systems, scan and upload post, record annual leave, sickness and team responses
- Organise a range of meetings for individuals and groups, to include preparation of material and facilities, minute-taking and other support at the meeting, and follow up work arising from the meeting.
- Undertake home visits as and when necessary and to deliver leaflets/information as and when necessary to West Berkshire off-site locations.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Educated to at least GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent), particularly in English and Maths
- Minimum 1 year relevant knowledge and skills gained through work experience
- Some experience in a housing background
- Understanding of Local Government departments or housing services
- Understanding of Allocations and lettings processes
- Understanding of housing legislation and Housing Register
- Previous experience of invoicing process within a local authority setting
- Housing qualification
- Experience of working with vulnerable people-desirable
Skills & Abilities
- Good literacy and numerical skills including English Grammar, letter writing
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, verbally and in writing.
- Good administrative and ICT skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritise workloads and process information accurately and in a methodical and organised way
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team, supporting colleagues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload.
- Ability to respond quickly and positively to changing work demands and conflicting priorities.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Housing Allocations Officer x 2- Housing & Planning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.